National Domestic Violence hotline. 1-800-799-7233

If you feel you are being abused or know someone who is being abused call the National Domestic Violence hotline. 1-800-799-7233 

Monday, December 27, 2010

Writing this blog is hard

As I work through the years of abuse, I wonder why I stayed. I wonder why when I left, I returned. Many times it was because of my children. Other times I don't really know. I cry a lot. I cry for my children, who feel their dad did nothing wrong, and are preventing me from seeing them or my grandchildren. I cry for my older son, whom I chose to stop seeing so I could protect him from my abuser. I cry because I was too lacking in confidence to walk away and stay. I cry because the memories hurt so very much.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes, you need to work through the pain in order to come out on the other side. Also, no need to cry for me, you did exactly the right thing. Once I understood it, I wasn't mad about it any more.

    ReplyDelete