National Domestic Violence hotline. 1-800-799-7233

If you feel you are being abused or know someone who is being abused call the National Domestic Violence hotline. 1-800-799-7233 

Thursday, December 16, 2010

My daughter-revised post

My daughter

From my marriage to my abuser, I have two children. I have posted about my son and his potential to be an abuser. I also have a daughter. She is beautiful and intelligent.  When she was younger, I would call her my angel baby. She graduated high school at age 16, and started college. I was very proud of her.   She chose to stay with her father when I left. I begged her to reconsider, but she was adamant. Since she was 14 and the courts would allow her to live with the parent she chose, I had no option but to let her stay.  

After leaving my abuser, I learned to drive an 18-wheeler. I drove cross-country, and was gone for 6 weeks at a time. I had remarried and team drove with my husband. I was sitting in a truck stop in Reno, NV waiting to deliver my load the next day. My daughter called me, stating it was urgent that she talk to me. She said that she was alone and if she didn't talk to me right then, she might not be able to tell me later. 

My daughter proceeded to beg me to let her move in with me at my home. (she was 17 at the time, almost finished with her first year of college). When I asked her why, she told me things that made me sick to my stomach. She told me her father forced her to get naked and walk around in front of him. She told me her father and brother would hit her and call her names. She told me many things. It got me very upset. She said after much abuse and monitored phone calls, she was tired of it and wanted to get out.

Child Protective Services and the local police department have the records of this and her statements attesting that these things happened. Also because she told me these things were happening, I believed her.

I won't go into details of it, but I did rescue her. 

Children of abusers are often victims of abuse. This abuse may be physical, emotional, or sexual abuse. 

If you feel you are being abused or know someone who is being abused call the National Domestic Violence hotline. 1-800-799-7233

No comments:

Post a Comment