National Domestic Violence hotline. 1-800-799-7233

If you feel you are being abused or know someone who is being abused call the National Domestic Violence hotline. 1-800-799-7233 

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Why this blog?

My name is Sandra B. I am a 56 year old woman. I have three adult children, and two grandchildren. I also have an adult stepson and a step granddaughter. 
I spent over 20 years in an abusive relationship. Although I left many times, I seemed to always return, until I finally was able to escape. This blog is about that life, my escape, and my feelings now.

I started posting information on my facebook account about domestic violence, it made one of my children angry. My youngest son has chosen to cut contact with me, refusing to allow me to see my grandson. He refuses to admit there was any abuse. I know he saw it, he even stood up to his Dad at times. When he became a teenager, he too showed signs of becoming an abuser and often pushed and hit me. I did stand up to him and would scream, yell and fight him. I would also get between him and his father to take beatings for him, as well as beatings aimed at my daughter. My daughter has chosen to cut contact with me also because I left her father and ruined the family. My ex denies the abuse ever happened, but he has been arrested, has a record as an abuser, and there are several other organizations where his abuse against me has been documented. 
I hope one day my children will realize that I love them, and always have.

As I tell my story, I am going to post information from various sites relating to domestic violence.

If you feel you are being abused or know someone who is being abused call the National Domestic Violence hotline. 1-800-799-7233

No comments:

Post a Comment