National Domestic Violence hotline. 1-800-799-7233

If you feel you are being abused or know someone who is being abused call the National Domestic Violence hotline. 1-800-799-7233 

Saturday, December 11, 2010

A memory

This morning, while laying in bed, I started thinking about what my youngest son said about his Dad never using violence. I remember once when he was 17, he stayed out all night with some of his friends. About 5:30 am, the phone rang. It was my youngest son asking if his Dad had left for work yet. Since his Dad left at 5 am, I told him Yes. My youngest son then said that was good because he didn't want his Dad to know that his friends and he had been drinking and while driving around had had a flat tire. He said he knew if he waited that I would help them, and that he wouldn't have to worry about his Dad getting mad and hitting him. I took a jack to the boys to help them. I did lecture them on drinking and driving as well as underage drinking. I did not tell his Dad.
My son did later tell his Dad what had happened and my ex was furious that I had not told him. My ex called my son several derogatory names, telling him he was worthless. I, however, took the brunt of his anger, because I had kept this secret, in an effort to protect my son. 
My thoughts after this were, "Thank goodness, the only bruises I have can be hidden under clothes. At least this time he didn't give me a black eye."

I love my children so very much, and did all I could to protect them from the anger of their Dad. Did I do the wrong thing?

If you are being abuse or someone you know is being abused call the National Domestic Violence hotline. 1-800-799-7233

No comments:

Post a Comment