National Domestic Violence hotline. 1-800-799-7233

If you feel you are being abused or know someone who is being abused call the National Domestic Violence hotline. 1-800-799-7233 

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A poem

A poem

I laid on the floor
Crying in pain
Begging for mercy
Feeling only shame
It happened again
Your anger exploded
You used your fists
To make me afraid.

Forgive me you said
I love you you said
I won't hurt you again
You pleaded and promised
It happened again
Offering forgiving arms
I didn't run away
Although I was afraid

I did my best
It wasn't enough
It was all my fault
I made you angry
It happened again
Your fists leave bruises
You beat me senseless
To make me afraid

You said don't leave
You would kill me
You own me
Do as you say
It happened again
To scared to go
To scared to stay
So very afraid.

I walked away
Left everything behind
Running and hiding
So this time maybe
It won't happen again.
You made your pleas
You cried and begged
You wanted me to stay
But I am no longer afraid

No comments:

Post a Comment