National Domestic Violence hotline. 1-800-799-7233

If you feel you are being abused or know someone who is being abused call the National Domestic Violence hotline. 1-800-799-7233 

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

This too will pass

I have been depressed all day. I am not sure why. I woke up in the middle of the night with my pillow wet and my face feeling like I had been crying.  
Gary said earlier I had come out into the den where he was. He said I was crying hard and just hugged him and kept crying very hard. He asked me what was wrong, but all I did was cry harder. When he asked me what was wrong all I did was shake my head and cry harder. He said he then took me back to bed.
I don't remember crying, or going into the den. I don't know why I was crying or why I am so depressed today. Gary says he didn't think at the time I was awake, even though I told him I was.

I am seeing a nueropsychologist about the PTSD and trying to learn to live with it. When I was on the truck, I didn't seem to have as many problems with it, but it has been determined that I was in a very small area, with a fairly structured environment. That I felt safe because I was seldom in the same place for very long. Whereas now I am in a stationary place. I know I am safe here, because even if Jeff came near the house, he wouldn't be able to harm me. That is the rational thought, the emotional thought is something very different.

 I keep telling myself that this too shall pass.

Domestic violence has such long lasting effects. I hope those who are in that type of relationship are able to escape.

 If you feel you are being abused or know someone who is being abused call the National  Domestic Violence hotline. 1-800-799-7233.

2 comments:

  1. Neuropsychologist*

    I have read all of your blogs, and I have a couple questions if you don't mind me asking.

    How old are your children?
    What makes you think the "abuse" has affected their lives?
    If my mom was in your predicament while my two sisters and I were in the household she would have killed an s.o.b. If it was that bad why didn't you?
    What forced you to live with him?
    When he followed you to California, why didn't you get to your parents house with your kids and then have him arrested?
    What is the real point in this blog? You call your kids out a lot. Remember Hun, you raised them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AmandaS88,
    I will be posting an actual blog post to respond to your comment. Titled: comment response.

    ReplyDelete