National Domestic Violence hotline. 1-800-799-7233

If you feel you are being abused or know someone who is being abused call the National Domestic Violence hotline. 1-800-799-7233 

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Writing again

While recovering from abuse, it is two steps forward and one step back. Sometimes it feels like one step forward and two steps back though. After 20+ years of abuse, and 5 years out of it. I still have issues and problems. Most I have managed to overcome, but occasionally it's those backward steps that come up, slap you in the face, and make me wonder what might have triggered it. After two months of good nights with no nightmares, last night I had one of those screaming, hard to wake from and shaking for hours after. My husband had to wake me, then held me, until I calmed down. I can't think of anything that might have caused it either. I am okay this morning, just trying to keep myself busy, because I have a lot of nervous energy.  
I am going to tell my nightmare, so if it will bother anyone, please stop reading. I find for me writing about the nightmares helps me. 
In my nightmare I had gone to somewhere to do some work (dark area, no streetlights, bad neighborhood). My abuser and my youngest son (age 25), showed up and trapped me in a room. My abuser had some kind of scar on his face and he kept yelling at me that I had caused it, and that I needed to pay for damaging him. I tried to leave the room, but my son stood by the door and would push me every time I tried to get out the door. I ran to a window and screamed to a woman that was digging through a dumpster outside to call the police. She told me to watch her son while she found a phone. I yelled, take your son, run away, call the police. She said something in another language and left. My abuser then grabbed me, threw me against the wall and started hitting me, while my son held me. When my husband woke me up, I was screaming "Run away, Run away"

No comments:

Post a Comment